Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Summertime Update

I can't believe it's been six months since we completed the first annual book drive. I have been so busy this summer that I completely forgot to give an update of what's been going on with our books... I have been really enjoying the summer with my boys. We have had many days of outdoor play, trips to the park, movies, playdates and our camp weeks....

I recently went to lunch with my friend Rachel (Nina's mom) and she told me that a friend of hers heard about our book drive on a conference website...wow, I had no idea... hopefully I can post about that soon...

We talked about moving forward for 2009 and how she and her family felt about doing it again this year... stay tuned for an update. It's really important to me that they are on board and wanting to move forward too.

Here are a few things that have come up in the last few months...

1. I saw Cindy sometime in mid May, early June to drop off a few straggling books at the hospital. She shared with me some touching stories of how our books have been helping children in some really difficult situations. The distraction from medications and treatments have really made a difference.

2. Books are already starting to come in for our 2009 drive! I have about 25 so far and I have gotten emails and calls about knowing when they can drop them off... please stay tuned!

I expect to have more updates and information as school starts in September. My goals this year haven't yet been determined but I wanted to make sure that you know I haven't forgot.

I don't think I ever will. Have a great summer and watch for updates in September!

1 comment:

Genny said...

This is a wonderful thing that you do!